11 September 2013

Lets get Chalky

I recently posted a blog post at the MemoryWorks blog about chalk. I thought I would share these projects on my own blog!

I'm getting into using my handwriting lately and it's something I've been practicing in my sketch journal. The black "paper" is actually chalkboard contact paper that I purchased on Amazon. I used white chalk to write the sentiment. I than sprayed a sealer over the top so the chalk would smudge as much. I think aerosol hairspray works as well. I used a workable fixate spray that I have for my design work.
 Products Used: My Mind's Eye - Charm (Paper, Enamel Dots, Label Stickers, Washi Tape, Brad, Bits & Pieces); Chalk, Chalkboard Contact Paper.

Again with this tag I used the chalkboard contact paper for the base. I first die cut a piece of cardstock so I had a stable form to stick the contact paper too, since it's sticky and thin. I used chalk and layered on some new products I have.
Products Used: My Mind's Eye - Charm (Paper, Chipboard Stickers, Decorative Stickers); Chalk, Chalkboard Contact Paper, Fiskars Border Punch.


Chalkboard is such a trend right now. It is fun to see it sneak into scrapbook products. MemoryWorks carries an array of them as well, including: 
Check back tomorrow for another chalk related post.

No comments: